WordPress Gallery Plugin makes it as easy as it could possibly be to create gorgeous sliders for your WordPress powered site. Forget nasty custom fields and image URLs. You can even forget about manually resizing every image before you upload it because wordpress gallery plugin is using timthumb image resize script to auto resize images with dimensions of your choice.
WordPress Gallery Plugin comes with huge list of features. Create separate slideshow for every page or post, and place them anywhere on your WordPress website with ease.
This plugin creates a new shortcode for WordPress. With this new shortcode, you can create a wordpress slideshow just by typing [wpg] while you’re writing your post or page. This will display the images that you have uploaded to the current post or page.
- Add Different slider for each post/page with different sets of images.
- Over 16 different transitions
- TimThumb integration for image resize.
- Colorbox Integration for lightbox.
- Upload the “wordpress-gallery-plugin” folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Login to your admin section, go to the Plugins section and activate the WordPress Gallery plugin.
- You can access the settings page using the Wp Gallery menu item, where you can adjust the default settings for the WordPress Gallery Plugin.
How to use WordPress Gallery Plugin
- Start writing a new post or page.
- Attach some images to the post/page using the Add Image button. Just upload them and click on “Save All Changes” button don’t insert them inside your post/page content.
- To add wordpress gallery in your post/page text, type [wpg], including brackets. Alternatively, add parameters as described below WordPress Gallery Parameters.
4. Publish and view your post/page.
[wpg] shortcode parameters
- width Set different width for each gallery
- height Set different width for each gallery
- effect See all the available effects at Effects.
- exclude Default it is set to ‘false’ if you want to exclude some images attached to your post/page then just add image ids separated by comma(,).
- border_color Colors are defined using a hexadecimal (hex) values add color values without # e.g. 000000
- border_size Set Border size in px like e.g. 5px
- link By default it is set to ‘true’ you can set it to false if you dont want anchor tags to your images.
- align You can align your gallery using this option available parameter are left,right,center
- slices For slice animations you can set this option with total number of slice by default it is set to 15.
- boxCols For box animations you can set number of columns
- boxRows For box animations you can set number of rows
- animSpeed Set Slide transition speed
- pauseTime Set How long each slide will show
- directionNav value will be true or false to display or hide direction prev next navigation arrows.
- directionNavHide Show direction nav only on mouse over value will be true or false
- controlNav value will be true or false to display or hide 1,2,3… navigation.
- pauseOnHover Stop animation while hovering value is true or false
Some Examples of [wpg] Shortcode
Default Shorcode without parameters
Gallery will be displayed using the default settings which you set on “WordPress Gallery Plugin” options page.
Example with setting width,height,effect,border_color,border_size,align
[wpg width="400" height="200" effect="fold" border_color="c00000" border_size="5px" align="right"]
See all the available effects at Effects.
Example with setting width,height,effect,align,animSpeed,pauseTime
[wpg width="400" height="200" effect="fold" align="right" animSpeed="500" pauseTime="3000" border_size="0px"]
Set border_size=0px if you don’t want border for your gallery.
Available Effects Which You can use
The effect parameter can be any of the following:
WordPress Gallery Plugin to display Thumbnails
One more shortcode available with this plugin is [wpg_thumb] which is used to create generate thumbnails of all the images attached to your post/page.
By using this shortcode you can create your own portfolio, product showcase easily.
Using [wpg_thumb] Shortcode
Just add [wpg_thumb] to your post/page to display thumbnails of all the images attached to your post/page.
Parameters for [wpg_thumb] Shortcode
- width Set Image width in pixels e.g. 125px
- height Set Image height in pixels e.g. 125px
- border_color Set Image border color in Hex e.g. 000000
- border_mover Set Image Mouse Over border color in Hex e.g. C00000
- border_size Set Border Size in Pixels e.g. 5pxIf you don’t want border then set it to 0px.
- link Set Link true or false
- lightbox Set lightbox true or false
- exclude By Default it is set to false if you want to exclude some images then add image ids, If you want to exclude several images then add them comma separated like e.g. ‘24,34,54’
- perrow Number of images to display in one row.